Phew…It’s 9:00pm and I’m finally sitting down to relax. I had such a busy day at work…
Breakfast & Lunch
I made a BING! smoothie this morning for breakfast because I knew it was going to be a long one.
Had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch that I took with me to work. I figured I wouldn’t have much free time today. I cherish my lunch hour by the way. It’s my hour to completely remove myself from work in order to re-charge for the second half of my day…it’s a skill I’ve mastered.
I wanted to make a quick, low carb dinner tonight since I decided to hop on the carb train for the past 3 days…damn hormones. The first thought that came to mind was lettuce wraps, so that’s what I made.
- 1/3 package of Smart Ground veggie protein crumbles
- 2 tbsp chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1 fresh local green pepper (not sure what kind because some brought them to our office today from their garden – it was light green and looked spicy)
- 4 or 5 pieces of Romain lettuce
- 1/2 tbsp Konriko Greek Seasoning (this stuff is the BOMB.com all purpose seasoning – my mom introduced it to me and she uses it all of the time, especially to make Greek grilled chicken – and it’s MSG free…I’m sure I’ll have a story about my MSG issues sometime soon)
Directions: I sauteed the onions and peppers in a nonstick pan with EVOO over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then threw in the veggie crumbles and seasoned with the Konriko and mixed it all together to cook for another 4 or 5 minutes – I turned the heat down to low when it started to sizzle (I think about a minute after I put the crumbles in). I then put the mixture on a plate with four pieces of Romaine and thoroughly enjoyed.
Next time I’ll probably use a different type of lettuce because the lighter green part was too crunchy and didn’t make for a good wrapping, but it still did the trick.
I was a slacker in the workout department and just took John’s dog, Buffet, on a 45 min walk through his neighborhood. I just really wasn’t feeling it today since I didn’t get up to the lake until 6:00. Side Note: in case you missed this, I’m taking care of John’s house while he is in Columbia learning how to be a judge. Judge John.
I’m going to bed now…night!
P.S. Backyard Construction Update