TGIF!!!!! Oh happy day. Friday is one of my favorite days because I feel like everyone wants to start winding down for the weekend. Work seems less hectic and people seem less stressed. I love the few-and-far-between Fridays when we have absolutely no plans too, like this one.
I’ll have to post about last night’s supper club later because I know I’m not going to have time to do it during my lunch break today…too many juicy details I want to share. A little preview…
I do have time to share this morning’s out-of-this-world breakfast with you. I am SO happy that I came across this recipe on pbfingers because it is quick, easy, and delicious. Plus, I feel like it’s one of those recipes I’ll be able to get creative with in the future. My wheels are already turnin’…
PB Fingers Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Servings:1 (makes three medium-sized pancakes)
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat to a medium heat
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with an immersion blender until batter is relatively smooth and all ingredients are fully mixed
- Pour batter onto the warm pan to form three medium-sized pancakes
- Allow to cook until edges start to harden, about three minutes
- Flip pancakes and allow to cook until batter is no longer runny, about two more minutes
- Top with syrup, nutmeg or desired toppings and enjoy
Holy smokes. Who knew that oatcakes were so good?! I’ve never tried to cook them before and have no idea how I’ve missed this boat. I’ll have to figure out how not to burn the outsides though. I think the pan might have been too hot because they weren’t on there that long at all. Anyway, I’m fairly certain some variation of these will be popping up a lot more often.
Have a fabulous Friday afternoon! I’ll be enjoying the cool fall weather that’s rolling in within the next few hours….hope you get to as well. Tootles!